My hubby and me

My hubby and me

Saturday, January 2, 2016

On my knees in 2016...

While I think of and pray for my husband often, I have not devoted as much time praying here, in writing, so those prayers can be validated, shared and lifted up by others on his behalf. This is a new year and I am refocusing my energy on this venture. I will document prayers for my husband. I will reference scripture to reinforce those prayers. And, I will ask that each person who reads this blog send up a prayer on my husband's behalf. If the scripture of Psalm 107 is true, then God CAN and WILL change things if we ask in the name of Jesus.

Psalm 107:28-30 -- "Then they cried to the LORD in their trouble, and he delivered them from their distress. He made the storm be still, and the waves of the sea were hushed. Then they were glad that the waters were quiet, and he brought them to their desired haven..."

God, please hear the cries of my heart. I intercede on behalf of my husband in hopes that you will bless him in a major way this year. His faith is shaken... well both of ours is shaken, if I am being honest. We have prayed for two very important things and neither of them has come to fruition. First, my poor husband has struggled to find work for three years now, and after repeated letdowns, it doesn't seem a job blessing is ever going to happen. God, you've been faithful to us in other ways... Why does this prayer go seemingly unanswered? Why has no door, window or glimmer of hope opened up for him? Second, we hoped to have a family by now. In June, we will be married for 4 years and, still, there are no children. My age continues to creep up and that obviously makes it harder and more high risk for pregnancy. Will I ever be able to give my husband children? It's been a dream of his for so long and I am not sure how I will cope with it if I am unable to make that dream a reality for him. Is that in the cards for us, God, or are we just praying for something that will never come?

I pray you will give us hope. Surround us with your love, courage and strength to endure whatever comes our way. Give us patience to wait on you and, in times of uncertainty, fear or discouragement, lift up our hearts and help us to focus on the blessings you have for us -- in your time.

In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

4 comments:

  1. Crystal, I want you to know that my family and I are still keeping you and your husband in our prayers. Just keep on believing because I believe a blessing is headed your husband's way. Hugs... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dee, thank you for consistently praying for us, especially my husband. I appreciate your comments, encouragement and prayers so much!

      Delete
  2. Crystal, I heard about your plight through above commenter, Dee. I will be lifting you and your husband up in my prayers. May God answer your prayers and bring you comfort and strength during the wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terra, thank you for stopping by - and for joining the prayer chain for my husband. He is such a good man and I long to see him fulfilled and satisfied in terms of career. I appreciate your note and prayers very much!

      Delete