My hubby and me

My hubby and me

Thursday, April 10, 2014

When is the "right time"?

Lord-

Thank you for another day of life. Rodney and I had a nice dinner out last night and it was much needed. Frustration has been settling in for him and I thought it might be good to get him out of the house for a bit. Thank you for making a way for us to do that... for providing the means and an outlet to just escape life, even for just a couple hours.

Father, my husband is trying so hard to find a job. He is constantly sending resumes to no avail. It'd be frustrating if he got interviews and then a "No, thank you" --- but he's not receiving calls at all. Nada. He's starting to second guess himself and if I were in his shoes, I probably would too. God, why? Why is it that this brilliant man who is articulate, educated, hardworking and dependable cannot find anyone to extend a hand or offer a job opportunity?? I know the job market is not great -- but he has work experience and two degrees... It just shouldn't be this hard!

My mind tells me he is being sabotaged in some way -- either by discrimination or some other way. But my heart tells me that you are preparing the right job for him. It just may not be the right time.

I can recall praying for the right man to come take his place next to me and I could not understand (at the time) why you would not send him to me when I felt I needed him most. A year later, when he did arrive, I found out why he hadn't come into my life sooner. He wasn't ready... And honestly, I probably wasn't ready either. If we'd met earlier than we did, one or both of us would have sabotaged the relationship and it would definitely not be what it is today. SO, in hindsight, your timing was perfect, as it always is. Help us hold onto that until Rodney's job blessing comes.

My prayer today is that you would restore Rodney's spirit and give him strength to keep on going. Give me the words to say -- the open heart, listening ear and encouraging words to give him as his biggest supporter and personal cheerleader. God, I pray you would make a way where there seems to be no way... that you would open a door... crack a window... and provide a lifeline to take Rodney in and nurture him in a job that's right for him.

Thank you Lord for all you do. Thank you for loving us, for providing and for being faithful to us.

In your Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I've been in this same position and so has my dad. It's SO so hard to be in that place. Love that you are praying for him and I'll pray along too - hope the two of you are out of this jobless valley so soon!

    ReplyDelete